Adaptive Sports at the Iowa Games
Every July, the Iowa Games are held to bring together athletes of all ages and abilities from across the state to compete in various sports.
The Track & Field meet will be held on Saturday, July 15, 2023 in Ames at the Cyclone Sports Complex. A 100M, 200M, and 400M Wheelchair Race will be offered for adaptive athletes! This is a qualifying event for the 2024 State Games of America in San Diego, California.
To learn more about the Iowa Games Track Meet, CLICK HERE.
For more information or questions, please contact us at email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org.
We hope to see you at the track in 2023!
POSSIBLE THERAPEUTIC OUTCOMES:
- Social connections with other adaptive athletes across the state (and surrounding states)
- Increased opportunities for friendly competition
- Increased joint mobility, muscle movement, and circulation
- Improved core control, coordination, and balance
- Improved cardiovascular endurance and overall health
- Reduced stress and anxiety through increased endorphins
- Sense of accomplishment
- Increased sense of independence