The Adaptive Sports Iowa Airgun program is intended to serve veterans and non-veterans with a range of physical disabilities.
The Airgun Program is designed to provide competitive and non-competitive opportunities to learn and improve airgun skills. Participants will work on accuracy while sitting at one of three stations to shoot at the target and score their cards after each round.
- March 13, 4-6pm
- March 27, 4-6pm
- April 10, 4-6pm
- April 24, 4-6pm
- May 1, 4-6pm
- May 8, 4-6pm
- May 22, 4-6pm
Veterans may go on to compete at the National Veteran Golden Age Games in Des Moines this May.
Jester Park Outdoor Recreation and Wellness Center
12112 NW 128th St, 50109 Granger, IA
The National Veteran Airgun Program is free for all participants. We provide the air rifles and pistols, pellets, and targets.
Just show up! It is helpful if you let us know ahead of time, so we have an idea for numbers, but registration is not required.
POSSIBLE THERAPEUTIC OUTCOMES:
- Social connections with others who have similar experiences and interests
- Reduced stress and anxiety through controlled breathing exercises
- Improved alertness, concentration, and overall cognitive function
- Enhanced ability to follow multi-step directions
- Increased sense of independence